Thursday, February 2, 2012

6 more weeks of winter

I was thinking about this whole "Groundhog Day" thing today (makes sense..). I've always kind of put a lot into what that groundhog's opinion was, but it finally occurred to me today that whether he sees his shadow or not, there is ALWAYS 6 more weeks of winter... Spring is March 21st-ish -- about 6 weeks from February 2nd. 
Now.. It may be sad, because I am 30 years old and this just occurred to me TODAY.. But I feel like I've been lied to all these years. Therefore, I vow (yes.. VOW -- it's that serious) to never trust a groundhog ever again. I'm pretty miffed. I've always seen groundhogs as kind of lovable weather predictors. No more. Those days are over. I've been forever swayed in my opinion of groundhogs and I don't think there is any going back (so much for that groundhog earflap hat idea lol). Groundhogs ::rolls eyes:: whatever.

Other than that, I'm happy to say that business is really picking up for me, and as it stands, I have enough orders to keep me busy for the next few weeks. I really love what I'm doing and am so so excited to maybe earn enough to help support our family financially (or at least buy all the yarn I want without bankrupting us). 
Seriously though, who gets to say they love what they do? Me! I love that I get to stay home and take care of my kids myself. I don't always love everything EVERY DAY (especially laundry..) but for the most part, I love my job. The only thing missing was the getting paid, so I'm trying to fix that part :)

The other day, I posted pictures of my work. I will be posting prices soon. If you see something you like before then, please feel free to email me. I'm still figuring out how to balance my time so I am not neglecting my family, but also not neglecting my projects or this blog. It's a work in progress and until I figure out that happy medium, I'm going to tend to neglect the latter (as the former is more important to me!). 

That's all for today -- I have orders to be completing :) The next few days here are supposed to be pretty snowy, so I'll have a lot of "indoor time". I'm ready for summer.. Or at least spring.. Dang groundhog!

No comments:

Post a Comment